2024 REGISTRATION – FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
Sol Plaatje University First Year students are encouraged to REGISTER ONLINE from 5 February 2024 after receiving a firm offer letter for the 2024 academic year.
Can’t register from the comfort of your home? Need some assistance? No worries. Find us ready to assist at the Central Campus from 5 – 16 February 2024 in the Natural and Applied Sciences computer labs (entrance situated on Bishops Avenue). Students must bring their firm-offer letter for the relevant qualification to register on campus.
First Year students with a firm residence offer, mark your calendars for 2 – 4 February 2024 for residence registration after you’ve completed your online registration. Our computer labs will be your go-to for first-time entering residence students during these dates.
Don’t forget to gear up for you student-card and laptop setup. All the steps are laid out in our step-by-step registration process.
Get ready for Orientation Week! It’s your sneak peek into campus life and that’s why all first-time entering students must attend. It runs from 5 – 16 February on Central Campus. We can’t wait to kickstart this journey with you.
Students registering online must use the SPU Integrated Tertiary Software (ITS) Student iEnabler System . A Guideline to Online Registration can be downloaded here.
To use the ITS Student iEnabler System for registration, a First Year student must have a valid student number, email address, and a unique five-digit PIN (sent automatically by the system to the student’s email address).
Login details are as follows:
Username: student number
Password: unique five-digit pin (if students have forgotten their pin, they can select the “forgot pin” button and the system will route it to their email address, captured on the system)
Students registering on-campus must refer to the Schedule For Registration 2024 which details registration dates, times and venues.
First Year students should:
a) have completed the National Senior Certificate or equivalent;
b) have submitted an application to study at SPU and be eligible for registration in terms of the minimum requirements for the respective programme applied for and have submitted all required documentation during the application process;
c) have received a firm offer (via email/sms, shortly after the release of the matriculation results) to register for the 2024 academic year;
d) have accepted the firm offer by email to the email address indicated on the firm offer letter if they wish to register;
e) check their application status on the Student iEnabler System to see whether they have been waitlisted, and, if so, wait to be informed of the final decision. Students need not contact the University until confirmation has been sent via email/sms;
f) register their modules, as follows:
– as they appear on the online registration page (if you have a fixed curriculum);
– for core modules only (if you are not certain about your curriculum, as electives can be added later).
g) Ensure that they opened a bank account into which allowances can be paid. The bank account details must be captured on the Student iEnabler System during orientation.
Click here to download the Step-by-Step Registration Process document for First-Year students.
The following financial conditions apply to registrations for First Year students, as applicable to the respective student groups outlined below (i.e., self-funded/unfunded students, funded students).
4.1 SELF-FUNDED/UNFUNDED STUDENTS:
- a) All self-funded/unfunded students are required to:
– make an upfront payment towards fees, prior to registration, of:
-R6 000 for tuition; and
-R6 000 for residence (if allocated);
-email proof of payment to the *Financial Aid Office (see contact details here) and proceed with online registration.
b) Self-funded/unfunded students who are not able to make the upfront payment, prior to registration, are required to:
– submit a written letter of motivation to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Committee (FASC) for evaluation, email letter of motivation to email@example.com
– if approved, complete an **Acknowledgement of Debt (AOD) Form, prior to registration;
– email the completed AOD form to the *Financial Aid Office. See contact details here and proceed with online registration.
4.2 FUNDED STUDENTS:
- a) No upfront payment is required from funded students who provide proof of the following by email to the *Financial Aid Office, (see contact details here), prior
– proof from MY NSFAS (www.nsfas.org.za) indicating provisionally funded or eligible for funding without admission for 2024; or
– funding from any other source.
For assistance with online registration or to submit documentation, students must download the Contact Details for Online Registration Support document for a list of officials who will provide support.
· ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO QUALIFICATION AUDIT.
· The Acknowledgement of Debt (AOD) Form can be downloaded via the Self-Service Student Portal – Failure to honour payments in accordance with the Payment Plan therein, by 30 April 2024, will result in a student being de-registered.
To download a copy of the 2024 academic calendar, click here.
See you at #MySPU in 2024, where your journey to greatness continues!
- 1 CommentSol Plaatje University’s (SPU) Chief Operating Officer (COO), Mr David …Read More »
- 1 CommentOn Saturday, 17 February 2023, Professor Andrew Crouch, Vice-Chancellor and …Read More »
- 1 CommentHey SPU students! Join us for the second annual #CommunityBigWalk …Read More »
- 1 CommentStep into the spirit of community and camaraderie – Sol …Read More »
- 1 CommentThe SPU’s Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and Research (CEDAR) is …Read More »