SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES
Download the School of Humanities newsletter here.
Bachelor of Honours in Social Sciences with specialisations in Heritage Studies, History or Sociology
Period of study: 1 Year (Full-time); 2 Years (Part-time)
The aim of the programme is consolidate, deepen and intensify students’ theoretical and conceptual knowledge and prepare them for scholarly and applied research as well as the world of work in general.
The School is calling for applications from prospective students interested in pursuing Honours studies in Social Sciences in one of the respective areas of specialisation.
The Bachelor of Arts in Honours Degree must be completed within a minimum period of one per year full-time study of two years’ part-time study. The programme commences in February 2020.
Eligibility and requirements
- Applicants should be in possession of an undergraduate degree majoring in the relevant specialisation or cognate discipline and must meet the minimum entry requirement at 65% at third level.
- An application should include:
- A detailed and up-to-date CV
- Names and contact details including an email address of one academic referee
- Certified copies of undergraduate degree and academic transcript
- Completed SPU postgraduate application form
- Candidates with foreign qualification and submit their evaluation certificate from SAQA.
The application form may be downloaded from here.
For more information, contact:
Simone Williams, School Registrar
Telephone 053 491 0418
Dr Crispen Chinguno, Postgraduate Coordinator
Telephone 053 491 0298
BA graduates are equipped to become researches or practitioners in a variety of professional domains such as museums and other heritage organisations, language based positions (translation and editing), teaching, communication, journalism, creative writing, media work, community development, tourism and the diplomatic service.