STUDENT AFFAIRS OVERVIEW
We liaise with students and create positive relations between them, faculties and university administration. Our role is to lead and give direction on various purposeful programs. We provide overall functions to the entire student community, from student counselling and wellness, students clubs and societies as well as students’ residences. We ensure that students experience a quality of life with positive memories outside and inside the classroom. Our unit has a Student Advisor who from time to time makes time available to reach out to students and ensure that their problems are sorted. Student Affairs serves as a central place where students can freely express their views in relation to any academic, personal and emotional challenges they come across on campus.
Our primary function is to help students in any possible way we can. We further encourage students to be free to visit our relevant divisions for help whenever it is necessary for them to do so, particularly counselling and guidance. We continue to make efforts to ensure that students enjoy their student life by putting in systems that free them from worries and academic distractions. We encourage students to embrace independent thinking as a way to allow them to manage their own affairs and to cope with life challenges. All of the above necessitate their growth to matured adulthood. We are a friendly guide to students. Their needs are administered from the moment they enter into the university space. We are putting programs together to manage their transition from where they come from into their new environment. We aim to produce a responsible graduate.
We enrich our students with co-curricular activities through sports on campus. We build a strong relationship between our students, their peers and other stakeholders.
- No CommentsSol Plaatje University’s Library and Resource Centre, on Central Campus, …Read More »
- No CommentsThe South African Society for Agricultural Extension kicked off their …Read More »
- No CommentsSPU Humanities’ student Sisca Julius, who is studying Afrikaans, creative …Read More »
- No CommentsDr Garth Benneyworth has notched up another landmark book review …Read More »
- No CommentsSol Plaatje University (SPU) is co-hosting the Biennial Conference of …Read More »