STUDENT AFFAIRS OVERVIEW
We liaise with students and create positive relations between them, faculties and university administration. Our role is to lead and give direction on various purposeful programs. We provide overall functions to the entire student community, from student counselling and wellness, students clubs and societies as well as students’ residences. We ensure that students experience a quality of life with positive memories outside and inside the classroom. Our unit has a Student Advisor who from time to time makes time available to reach out to students and ensure that their problems are sorted. Student Affairs serves as a central place where students can freely express their views in relation to any academic, personal and emotional challenges they come across on campus.
Our primary function is to help students in any possible way we can. We further encourage students to be free to visit our relevant divisions for help whenever it is necessary for them to do so, particularly counselling and guidance. We continue to make efforts to ensure that students enjoy their student life by putting in systems that free them from worries and academic distractions. We encourage students to embrace independent thinking as a way to allow them to manage their own affairs and to cope with life challenges. All of the above necessitate their growth to matured adulthood. We are a friendly guide to students. Their needs are administered from the moment they enter into the university space. We are putting programs together to manage their transition from where they come from into their new environment. We aim to produce a responsible graduate.
We enrich our students with co-curricular activities through sports on campus. We build a strong relationship between our students, their peers and other stakeholders.
- No CommentsRre Sabata-Mpho Mokae, a Lecturer in Creative Writing in African …Read More »
- No CommentsFormer Unisa Vice-Chancellor, Prof Barney Pityana, was invited to deliver …Read More »
- No CommentsSPU, together with the University of South Africa, the Northern …Read More »
- No CommentsDr Garth Benneyworth’s article, Reconstructing the Raid, in the 80th …Read More »
- No CommentsSol Plaatje University (SPU) will host the Education Association of …Read More »