If you have already chosen the SPU School of Education as your partner in developing your knowledge and skills as a future academic and professional teacher, I want to wish you a warm welcome.
On our web page you will find all the basic information that you might want to know about us – our staff profiles, programme options, community service projects, research outputs, and exciting news, as it becomes available.
You have chosen one of the noblest and most important professions that exist on the planet. I think you will agree that that the social, economic and political success of any country rests largely on the quality of its education system. The quality of the education system rests, in turn, largely on the quality of its teachers. It is, therefore, our dream and expectation that, with the assistance of our staff, you will become one of those teachers that will make a positive impact on the quality of South Africa’s education system and, as a result, all South Africans’ quality of life.
As someone who has worked in the South African education system for decades, I can keep you busy for days with advice and encouragement, as well as a few warnings of potential stumbling blocks in your path to success. For now, though, I would just like you to realise that this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you – work hard and work consistently, take responsibility for your own learning, engage with those around you, get to know your own strengths and weaknesses, know where you are going and how you will get there, stay positive, stay motivated, and, enjoy!
School Head, Dr Audrey Msimanga
- No CommentsSol Plaatje University (SPU) will host the Education Association of …Read More »
- No CommentsThe Chancellor of Sol Plaatje University, Judge Stevan Majiedt, was …Read More »
- No CommentsDr Doug Harebottle, Senior Lecturer and Head of the Biological …Read More »
- No CommentsThis statement was issued by Universities SA on behalf of …Read More »
- No CommentsSol Plaatje University, together with the Department of Economic Development …Read More »