This portfolio ensures that the academic programmes are deepened highest quality learning, teaching, curricula, research and administration in the university through the development, implementation and continuous improvement of quality, quality improvement and quality enhancement in the university, and to ensure that the highest quality systems and procedures to achieve these operate.
The e-learning programme offered by the CTLPD aims to support academics and researchers in the effective use of the Learning Management System (LMS), and staff members are encouraged to attend scheduled and informal workshops to ensure the optimal use of LMS for teaching and learning activities.
Furthermore, this portfolio will ensure that seminars and workshops are offered on specific technologies and their affordances, to support teaching and learning and assist academics in their teaching practice with the focus on students and their needs.
The CTLPD will deliver a strategic support service to lecturers, researchers and students in the effective pedagogical use of networked computer technologies for teaching and learning.
Staff at CTLPD will provide training in the use of the LMS and assist lecturers, researchers and students in designing online teaching and learning material.
The system enables lecturers to facilitate the learning process by applying various modes of online teaching.
The traditional face-to-face classroom activity is enhanced with synchronous and asynchronous activities.
Staff development and training
CTLPD will offer a range of informal and formal staff development activities including:
- MOODLE training
CTLPD will provide regular scheduled or informal personalised workshops for SPU academics and researchers in the effective use of the online learner management system (LMS). Certificates will be issued on completion of the course and proof of practical implementation.
In terms of professional staff development, it will be expected from staff who attends Moodle training, to provide peer support and train up to five academic staff members in their schools, on the use of Moodle.
- Workshops on blended learning design
CTLPD is going to coordinate workshops for SPU staff on blended learning design.
- Workshops on teaching and learning with technologies
CTLPD staff will coordinate a blended learning courses on learning with technologies.
- Teaching and Learning with Technology day
CTLPD will organise a yearly event where SPU academics present and share innovative practices of using technologies in teaching and learning.
- 1 CommentIt is with great sadness to announce the untimely death …Read More »
- 1 CommentThe Green Campus Initiative, popularly known as the GCI #ILOVEMYCAMPUS …Read More »
- 1 CommentThe Sol Plaatje University (SPU) Information and Communication Technology (ICT) …Read More »
- 1 CommentIn celebration of the International Day of University Sports – …Read More »
- 1 CommentThe Sol Plaatje University (SPU) Residence Office is inviting interested establishments to …Read More »