REGISTRATION 2020 FOR FIRST-TIME ENTERING STUDENTS
Please note that these are NEW REVISED DATES.
First-year students will register on Thursday, 30 January 2020 and Friday, 31 January 2020 at Central Campus, Scanlan Street, Kimberley.
First year students can also register online at the University’s North Campus, Luka Jantjie House – 1st Floor Computer labs. To download the first year online registration schedule, click here.
Late registration will take place on Thursday, 6 February and Friday, 7 February.
- Late registration will take place on Thursday, 6 February and Friday, 7 February 2020.
- Registration will take place between 08:00 and 16:30.
- There will be directions to the different venues.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED AT REGISTRATION
- Two certified copies of your ID
- Original and two certified copies of your matric certificate/statement of results.
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL DETAILS
UPFRONT TUITION FEE PAYMENT
- R5,000 is required to be paid prior to registration (proof needs to be submitted) if unfunded.
- Students who have confirmation of a bursary from an organisation do not have to make the upfront payment (proof needs to be submitted).
CONFIRMATION OF RESIDENCE PLACE
- Payment of R5,000 is required to confirm a place in residence (proof needs to be submitted) if unfunded.
- Students who have confirmation of a bursary must submit proof thereof and the upfront residence amount is waivered.
Those who are unable to make the upfront payments need to submit a letter of appeal to the University’s Registrar with a full motivation, supported by a statement of the family income and to include all efforts made to secure alternate sources of funding.
SPU BANKING DETAILS
- First National Bank
- Branch: Kimberley
- Branch code: 230102
- Account number: 62516049873
- Account holder: Sol Plaatje University
- Account type: Deposit only
- Reference: SPU student number (very important)
- All students should note that irrespective of the source of funding, you are liable for all fees due and payable to Sol Plaatje University.
Mr R Naidoo, University Registrar