SPU is delighted to announce it will hold its 5th graduation ceremony at 09:30 on Saturday, 14 December 2019.
cnr Dobbin & Markotter Streets
- Graduands: Please collect your Graduation Tickets from the Registrar’s Office by Thursday, 12 December 2019.
- Please note that your RSVP alone will not guarantee access to the venue – you will need to produce these tickets for entry. You are further reminded that children under the age of seven cannot attend the graduation ceremony.
ARRIVAL AT THE GRADUATION VENUE
- Please arrive at the venue by 08:00 and be seated by 08:30.
- Doors to the venue will open at 07:30 and close at 09:30 (at the start of the ceremony).
- Dippenaar and Reinecke, the supplier of the academic gowns, hoods and caps, will be on campus on Friday, 13 December 2019 (from 13:00 to 16:30) in the Retail Space on Central Campus.
- Graduands should collect their academic attire directly from the supplier on Friday.
- The supplier will also be at the graduation venue on Saturday, 14 December from 07:00 and will be located in the Chapel.
- All academic attire should be returned to the supplier within one hour of the end of the graduation ceremony on Saturday.
- Graduands will be given a briefing, once they are seated in the hall, by a representative from Gordon Harris Photography on what photos will be taken of them during the ceremony and the correct process to follow to receive your qualification from the Chancellor and to be hooded by the University Registrar.
- They will also receive a briefing from a member of the SPU staff on other logistical matters relevant to the ceremony.
Other important information for graduates
- Students, who wish to have their photographs taken on the day have two options:
- Family/studio photographs: For this option, please download, complete and return the form to Gordon Harris Photographic.
- Stage photographs: For this option, please download, complete and return the form to Gordon Harris Photographic
- Further details are included on the booking form.
- Students are required to wear attire for the graduation ceremony.
- Please download this information sheet from the supplier from whom the students will be hiring their gown and sash.
- This information sheet includes the hire tariffs, purchase prices as well as details of the return policy.
Graduation inquiries can be emailed to Owen Langdown.