Ask a Librarian
DURING THE TERM
- Monday to Thursday, 08:00 to 18:00
- Friday, 08:30 to 16:30
- Saturday, 09:00 to 13:00
- Monday to Friday: 08:30 to 16:30
- Saturday – closed
- Ground Floor 24/7
- Closed on all South African public holidays
STAFF AND STUDENTS
- Student and staff members All SPU students and staff members are automatically members of the library by virtue of having registered or being employed by the university respectively. Library membership will remain active as long as they are students and/or staff members. Upon leaving the university, their library membership will become inactive until such time that they register as external members and/or Alumni. Applicable loan rules for staff and students.
- Applicable Loan Rules for Staff and Students
- Patron Type | Quantity | Loan Period
- Undergraduates | 6 books | 14 days
- Honours | 12 books | 30 days
- Masters and Doctoral | 20 books | 45 days
- Staff | 20 books | 60 days
- External membership will be open to members of the public and companies in need of LIS services.
- External members must complete a form (available online or at the circulation desk) and submit it at the circulation desk together with payment/proof of payment before their membership can be captured and activated.
- The approval of external membership lies with the Director: Library and Information Services who has the right to decline membership in case s/he suspects fraudulent or misrepresentation of information by the applicant.
- Upon approval, the applicant will be expected to pay an additional fee of R100 for him/her to be issued a university ID card which is valid for a period of one year running from January to December.
OTHER LIBRARY RESOURCES
- No CommentsSPU, together with the University of South Africa, the Northern …Read More »
- No CommentsDr Garth Benneyworth’s article, Reconstructing the Raid, in the 80th …Read More »
- No CommentsSol Plaatje University (SPU) will host the Education Association of …Read More »
- No CommentsThe Chancellor of Sol Plaatje University, Judge Stevan Majiedt, was …Read More »
- No CommentsDr Doug Harebottle, Senior Lecturer and Head of the Biological …Read More »